Ingredients ~ Makes about 4 servings
1 cup dry navy beans soaked overnight
4 cups assorted seasonal vegetables, prepped and diced ~ butternut squash, sweet potato, carrots
1 bunch any Kale, washed, hard stems removed and leaves torn to small pieces
Ginger and garlic – fresh, grated, 1 tablespoon each; 2 medium sweet onions diced fine
2-3 heaping tbsp of cumin-corainder-turmeric powder; salt and black pepper to taste
1. Rinse the soaked beans and set them in a heavy bottom pot to cook with enough water to cover the beans and then some; add a dash of turmeric to the cook water. Bring to a boil and simmer for an hour until beans are soft and done.
2. In another stock pot, add a couple of tablespoons of ghee and the dry spices; let them sizzle for a minute or so. Then add ginger, garlic and diced onions.
3. Saute till the onions are soft and translucent.
4. Add diced vegetables and stir to coat everything fully. Add a cup or two of water, cover and allow veggies to steam till almost done.
5. Transfer the cooked beans into the veggie pot along with the chopped greens; salt as desired and heat thoroughly making sure everything comes together as soup!
6. When serving, add crushed black pepper add a drizzle of ghee to the bowl! Enjoy!